Thanks for visiting!
Welcome! For those of you who don't know me personally, my name is Wade Cox (just like it says at the top of the page!) I am pleased that you landed here, and hope you find the writing to your satisfaction. I write fiction stories of all kinds, dealing with just about any subject.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, I hope this small sampling of my work will leave you wanting more. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me.
About the Author
Wade was born in 1973 and grew up in the city of Salem, located in Southwest Virginia. He has also lived California (where his first book takes place) and Florida. He has been a writer for about 10 years, with 1 published novel, several published shorts, and a produced movie script to his credit.
He studied business in college, eventually graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, but life took a different turn after a few failed sales jobs. He had taken a few creative writing classes in college, so that's what he fell back on.
By his own admission, his first few stories are crap that will never see the light of day, but he kept (and keeps) trying. Whether in writing or life, his goal is to always be trying to improve until he's back in diapers.
Eventually, he showed his work around and got very positive reviews. He decided to call himself a writer and never looked back.
He currently resides just outside Orlando, Florida.
LATEST NEWS!! LATEST NEWS!! LATEST NEWS!! LATEST NEWS!!
- I have been in talks with a publisher in Daytona Beach, FL to publish my 3rd book, LOST IN PARADISE. This is a detective novella (that means it's longer than a short story, but shorter than a novel.) The story is set on the Caribbean island of Anguilla, a small spit of land just east of Puerto Rico. This book will be the first of a series starring the main character. I am sending her the story this week, and will have a contract signed by the end of the year.
- I need some help. I am writing the script for a short film right now, and would welcome ideas. Here is the basic premise: It is about a female vampire hunter. I know, I know, vampires have been done to death, but I have a good twist in mind for this one that makes it very different. What I need are ideas to make my vampires fresh and new (and scarier than vamps in many films.) I want to get back to when vampires were actually scary (no sparkling!). Any ideas, please pass them on!
- First of all, I'd like to wish EVERYONE a happy and Blessed Veteran's Day. If you are a vet, thank you for your service. If you are not, make sure you take some time out of your day to thank a vet for the sacrifices they have made.
- UNSEEN MALICE has only been released for 2 weeks now, and thanks to all of you, it is up to over 100 views. Not bad for a small no-budget film in limited release.
- Still not terribly active in novels/short stories. I'm working on a new script to be filmed in the spring, and hopefully be released by October of next year.
- Bearing that in mind, I want to know, because this script is firmly in the horror genre, what would you like to see in a vampire movie? What makes them more terrifying enemies? Please use the link below and send me a message telling me what's what.
- UNSEEN MALICE has officially been released. See the entire 9 minute film at Unseen Malice.
- It has been a busy time for me. I just uploaded the newest and best version of the UNSEEN MALICE trailer. Check it out on my FILM WORK page.
- UNSEEN MALICE itself will be released on the internet on Saturday 10/26. Please comment on the video and let us know what you think of it when you see it.
- ONE GOOD TURN wrapped shooting and is now in post-production. It looks really good so far, and I can't wait to share it with all of you.
- I've not been doing so much on the novel/short story front lately, because I've been so busy with the films.
- Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm trying to get things together to go to Russia with the Olympics in January. I have a donation site, if you would like to help in my fundraising efforts. the address is http://www.gofundme.com/4jonjc.
- I have started a blog to keep people up on my Olympic adventure. the address is www.olympicblog2014.blogspot.com.
- I have also begun writing travel articles to raise money for my trip. I'll let you know how it goes, but so far I have written a few, but haven't tried to get them sold yet.
- I recently wrote and directed a short film, ONE GOOD TURN, based on my short story BETRAYAL. It is in the editing process now, and will be released to film festivals as soon as it is done.
- My commission statement came in again. Sales are once again dismal. On the positive note, I am still selling copies of my first book, BOOTLEG SPIRITS.
- Filming starts tomorrow on my short film, ONE GOOD TURN, which is the film version of my short story BETRAYAL in the collection SPLINTERED. Very excited for my first time directing.
- About to receive the script for FRANCHISES AVAILABLE, which is a short film in which I will be script-doctoring and also playing 2 different characters. The explanation for that is easy enough...One is the direct descendant of the other. It's amazing how much I look like my great grandfather.
- I think tonight I will work on my Caribbean detective novel.
- Not a lot happening on the writing front. Waiting for my royalty checks starting in about 2 weeks. Concurrently writing a short story and my next publication (which is a novella about a hijacking).
- Was just offered a part, possibly playing 2 characters, in an upcoming short film to be shot in Austin, TX.
- Script-doctoring some work for a writer friend of mine.
- Things are on pace to shoot my film BETRAYAL in September.
- I will be having a LIVE interview on internet radio on 6/7 (Friday). To find the interview, visit www.blogtalkradio.com/trianglevariety for more info. The interview will take place from 8:30p to 9:30p Eastern Time. If you would like to call in and chat, the call in number to the station is (949) 272-9578. I am the only guest for the hour.
- Putting together cast and crew to shoot my short film, BETRAYAL, in early July. If you're interested in being involved, let me know. This will be making rounds on the film festival circuit after editing is done.
- I just check the visitor log. We are now up over 10,000 views! Many people are coming back multiple times, which makes me happy. You know what they say, "Happiness is a belt-fed weapon."
(note: Book Club Posts remain until May2014)
today at 8pm Monday at 9am, 3pm, 8pm
tuesday at 8am, 1pm, 7pm, Wed at 10am, 10pm
Chicago/central time.We are hopeful that this promotion will help many to discover your work.
- Also, I was interviewed on Friday for a podcast radio show out of Washington, DC. I will post the link as soon as it is sent to me.
- Haven't worked out the exact date yet, but I am scheduling a film shoot for my short film script, BETRAYAL, in June. Written, Directed, and Produced by me.
- I have been getting some promotions through Fiverr.com and have received my first one. My book, SPLINTERED, has been advertised on their booktourradio.com and tweeted to over 13,000 followers. This is the start of getting the message out.
- I will be interviewed on a podcast tomorrow at Noon (EDT) about SPLINTERED. I will post the link as soon as it is available.
- SPLINTERED is now available at Amazon (for the Kindle) and will be available in other formats very soon!
- I am making some contacts to be interviewed about the book, and should hear back very soon.
- I have another film shoot coming up on 4/20. This will be a night shoot for a horror short film, for which I will be running sound.
- Got the proofs back from my newest book, SPLINTERED. It is a collection of short stories marketed specifically for e-readers. Available on Amazon on April 1st. You can find out more on the NOVELS page.
- I got interviewed for BOOTLEG SPIRITS. You can find the interview, in its entirety at www.independantauthorshowcase.com/Author_Podcast.html.
- Now gathering review sites and promotional info to set up a virtual tour for Splintered.
- The filming on the 19th went very well. It was a rather organized production, for a bunch of newbies. Everyone was terrific. The bar staff was very welcoming, and the cast and crew were very professional. Should have the edited piece back soon.
- I have written my next piece for training. Actually, I wrote it several years ago. We needed an exterior shot to practice on, so I carved out a piece of my feature-length script, DIRTY BLUE, for us to use. Maybe we'll do that one in March.
- The website is now up over 8,000 views from over 6,300 unique visitors. That means that over 6,300 people have checked it out, many have been MULTIPLE times! Thank you all to my visitors, returning and new.
- The year is starting off with a bang! I had a few days off from my day job to work on what's really important to me.
- My first collection of short stories, SPLINTERED, is now being edited, and should be published very soon on all formats of e-readers.
- on 1/19, I will be with a small film crew in a local bar filming the scene mentioned in the post dated 12/12. We already have the location secured, along with cast and most crew. I will post it here when finished.
I hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to my website. There's much more to come!
In the meantime, let me know what you think. Contact me by clicking here. |