Thanks for visiting!
Welcome! For those of you who don't know me personally, my name is Wade Cox (just like it says at the top of the page!) I am pleased that you landed here, and hope you find the writing to your satisfaction. I write fiction stories of all kinds, dealing with just about any subject.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, I hope this small sampling of my work will leave you wanting more. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me.
About the Author
Wade was born in 1973 and grew up in the city of Salem, located in Southwest Virginia. He has also lived California (where his first book takes place) and Florida. He has been a writer for about 10 years, with 1 published novel, several published shorts, and a produced movie script to his credit.
He studied business in college, eventually graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, but life took a different turn after a few failed sales jobs. He had taken a few creative writing classes in college, so that's what he fell back on.
By his own admission, his first few stories are crap that will never see the light of day, but he kept (and keeps) trying. Whether in writing or life, his goal is to always be trying to improve until he's back in daipers.
Eventually, he showed his work around and got very positive reviews. He decided to call himself a writer and never looked back.
He currently resides just outside Orlando, Florida.
LATEST NEWS!! LATEST NEWS!! LATEST NEWS!! LATEST NEWS!!
(note: Book Club Posts remain until May2014)
today at 8pm Monday at 9am, 3pm, 8pm
tuesday at 8am, 1pm, 7pm, Wed at 10am, 10pm
Chicago/central time.We are hopeful that this promotion will help many to discover your work.
- Also, I was interviewed on Friday for a podcast radio show out of Washington, DC. I will post the link as soon as it is sent to me.
- Haven't worked out the exact date yet, but I am scheduling a film shoot for my short film script, BETRAYAL, in June. Written, Directed, and Produced by me.
- I have been getting some promotions through Fiverr.com and have received my first one. My book, SPLINTERED, has been advertised on their booktourradio.com and tweeted to over 13,000 followers. This is the start of getting the message out.
- I will be interviewed on a podcast tomorrow at Noon (EDT) about SPLINTERED. I will post the link as soon as it is available.
- SPLINTERED is now available at Amazon (for the Kindle) and will be available in other formats very soon!
- I am making some contacts to be interviewed about the book, and should hear back very soon.
- I have another film shoot coming up on 4/20. This will be a night shoot for a horror short film, for which I will be running sound.
- Got the proofs back from my newest book, SPLINTERED. It is a collection of short stories marketed specifically for e-readers. Available on Amazon on April 1st. You can find out more on the NOVELS page.
- I got interviewed for BOOTLEG SPIRITS. You can find the interview, in its entirety at www.independantauthorshowcase.com/Author_Podcast.html.
- Now gathering review sites and promotional info to set up a virtual tour for Splintered.
- The filming on the 19th went very well. It was a rather organized production, for a bunch of newbies. Everyone was terrific. The bar staff was very welcoming, and the cast and crew were very professional. Should have the edited piece back soon.
- I have written my next piece for training. Actually, I wrote it several years ago. We needed an exterior shot to practice on, so I carved out a piece of my feature-length script, DIRTY BLUE, for us to use. Maybe we'll do that one in March.
- The website is now up over 8,000 views from over 6,300 unique visitors. That means that over 6,300 people have checked it out, many have been MULTIPLE times! Thank you all to my visitors, returning and new.
- The year is starting off with a bang! I had a few days off from my day job to work on what's really important to me.
- My first collection of short stories, SPLINTERED, is now being edited, and should be published very soon on all formats of e-readers.
- on 1/19, I will be with a small film crew in a local bar filming the scene mentioned in the post dated 12/12. We already have the location secured, along with cast and most crew. I will post it here when finished.
- Today, in 11 hours and 1 minute, the time (Eastern US time, that is) will be 12:12:12 on the date 12/12/12. This is the last time this will happen in the entirity of the 21st Century, and if you believe the Mayan calendar, the last time EVER!
- Update on the novella I was writing for Shadowrun: because they published one that was so close to mine, I wrote the publisher and explained my dilemma and because of it, that I was withdrawing my novel for consideration. The publisher was very understanding, and said that they would still like to work with me. They suggested that I submit an outline for my next novella to them so that they would reserve that slot for me, and if it happened next time, the other guy would get rejected, not me.
- As I have mentioned here before, I also write movies, and just recently received confirmation that another movie I wrote is to be made. They want ME to direct it! Being that I've never directed a movie before, I wrote a short practice scene that I will film in January, to get some directing chops. I'll post the practice movie on here as soon as it gets done, so that you can all review it and (hopefully) have good things to say about it. Oh, and offer advice, too.
- I got some bad news recently. I was writing a novella for the RPG Shadowrun, but found out that they just published one eerily similar to mine, right before I finished and submitted it. Now, I suppose I'll retool it for the general public.
- I have a new sci-fi short story that will be ready for publication soon. I'm self-publishing, only in digital format at this time. If you have a Kindle, Nook, or other e-reader, I'd love for everyone to check it out.
- Only 2 weeks (and 1 day) until the end of the Mayan calendar. I know the History channel is busy cashing in on the hysteria, but does anybody actually buy this crap that it's the end of the world?
First of all, I'd like to thank all those who have checked out my work lately. From the bottom of by cold, black heart, thank you!
- Because of all the new visitors, we've broken the 5,000 visitor mark! Actually happened a few days ago, but I haven't had opportunity to update lately.
- There have been some delays in release of my first film, UNSEEN MALICE, but it IS still being worked on, and should come out soon.
- My second film, THE BETRAYAL, written and directed by me, will be shot in the early part of 2013. It involves partners in the video game business. One of them will turn on the other for, what else, money.
- Wow! It's been a while since I posted an update. Sorry about that, life has a way of getting in our way, but for now, here we go:
- I had joined up with a group of aspiring filmmakers, and we just finished filming our first project. It is a PSA (Public Service Announcement) for the ASPCA about pet adoption. Once it is through editing, it will air here locally in the Orlando, FL market.
- I spoke with a publisher last year about my 2nd novel, EXPOSÈ: PANAMA, and she said it sounded good to her and that I should submit a formal query letter. I did, and then never heard from her. I assumed it was a dead issue, until I got an email 2 days ago from her, saying that my email had gotten lost and that she was still interested.
- I am also close to completion on a sci-fi short that will be published to the e-reader market. I haven't come up with a title yet, so suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. The story is about a hijacking at a space station.
- I recieved word tonight that a collection of short stories and poetry, called INTERTWINE, has been published (as of today!) You can pick up a copy of it for FREE at www.smashwords.com, just by clicking the search tab and choosing whether to dowload it to a .pdf or an e-reader.
- A tabletop RPG (role-playing game) maker had gone out of business due to some 'issues.' They are back in business, and are wanting to, once again, produce novels set in their future world. I have contacted them, and it looks promising, I may have a contract to write a novel for them in my future. Because the deal is still up in the air, I don't want to mention the company just yet.
- I now have an IMDB page. For those of you unfamiliar, IMDB is the Internet Movie Data Base, and is an interactive repository of all things movie-related. You can find out just about anything about just about any movie out or in production. My page is small, and is a work-in-progress, but it's there. Please feel free to check it out here.
I hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to my website. There's much more to come!
In the meantime, let me know what you think. Contact me by clicking here. |